UTA has a role to play in the tourism development agenda in Uganda. To achieve these, the Association will focus on doing the following activities to reach their goals.
- To coordinate and liaise with the government, government organizations, civil authorities, and other commercial sectors to ensure effective lobbying and advocacy for tourism development.
- To contribute to national tourism policymaking and planning.
- Contribute to the marketing of the destination and private sector through joint activities.
- Provide training and other capacity building initiatives to various stakeholders in the tourism industry, taking a value chain approach.
- Liaise with the government and other stakeholders to ensure tourism product development, adherence to professional standards and ethical practices in the tourism industry.
- Research, formulate and make submissions to the government and other appropriate authorities on industry-wide major issues of national significance to the tourism sector.