Uganda’s Ministry of Health has issued guidelines to ensure the health and safety of travelers into the country and all Ugandans. The health guidelines are already being implemented at all border crossings and airports around Uganda. Travellers are expected to fully cooperate with the health, and immigration officers to for the safety and well-being of the travellers.
The new guidelines follow an outbreak of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo westernborder town of Bikoro. Bikoro town is 1, 945 kilometres from the Uganda border. There is no direct transport connection between Uganda and Bikoro whether by land, river or air.
Uganda’s Ministry of Health guidelines listed here are to ensure the safety of all travellers and Ugandans:
- All travellers from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) are being screened at the Health Desk at the airports and other border points. All passenger/travellers with a history of travel to the DRC whether current or past are also being screeened.
- All passengers / travellers are required to complete a screening form.
- All travellers are being provided with an information leaflet about Ebola and contact numbers of surveillance officers.
- A private medical centre has been set up and equipped to provide counselling and clinical screening for travellers into Entebbe International Airport. Protective gear and a standby ambulance is available 24hrs every day.
- The Ministry of Health has reactivated District Task Forces and response plans.
The public health toll free number is: 0800 100 066
Health and other government officials have been tasked to implement the measures with minimal inconvenience and interference to trade and travel, whilst ensuring the ultimate goal of safe travel into and in Uganda.
The Ministry of Health reassures all travellers and Ugandans that Uganda is safe, and health officials will continually work with other government officers to keep it that way.
The Uganda Tourism Board is happy to answer your specific questions or if you need any other information on travelling to Uganda.
Vincent Mugaba | Public Relations Officer
| Uganda Tourism Board | Plot 42 Rotary Avenue (Lugogo Bypass) | P.O. Box 7211 Kampala, Uganda | Tel:
+256 (0) 414 342 196/7 | Mob:
0772 403 330 | E:
firstname.lastname@example.org | W:
www.visituganda.com | FB:
tourismuganda | Twitter:
@UgTourismBoard | Did you know? Download Mobile App on Destination Uganda